Sunday 10 March 2013

All about the flowers 💐

Hi all,
Hope your all well.
So I have been doing my floristry course over the last month and have had 3 workshops. It has been so much fun and a great experience to learn how to put flowers together properly.
I love flowers mainly because they always manage to brighten my mood as well as making any recipient feel special and loved.
The florist that the workshops are held out is in Chichester in a quaint little shop, and hands down has the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. Not only are the flowers stunning, but each session you get to choose which colours and variety of flower you want.
I have learnt some valuable tips during my three workshops, I'll even share them with you.

*florists generally work in odd numbers and often use triangles in their bouquets and arrangements to space the flowers apart.
*mainly one main flower is used eg. Roses, Lily's! It's usually a larger flower and then accompanied by two other varieties.
* mixing the textures of the flowers adds variety to the bouquet, so a large rose mixed with a spiky lavender and then a bushy flower.
*colour mixing. Pink and white, pink and purple, yellow and green, white and green,
white and yellow, purple and white, bright pink and lime green.
So far I have made 2 hand tied bouquets, a front facing oasis arrangement and a small table arrangement.
I'll post the pictures below and let you know how the next couple of workshops go, one things for sure is I will miss it when it ends.
If your lucky maybe I'll make you flowers one day, if your nice to me hehe.
Lots of love
Katy

















2 comments: