Sunday 17 March 2013

Made me smile!

Hi all,
I have had such a lovely couple of weeks, crazy i know, I wanted to share all the things that have made me smile!
The first was on weds 6th, a school night I'll have you know, when we ventured over to Brighton to see a cheeky chappy known as Olly Murs in concert! I went with one of my best friends Emma, her fiancé Jk and Emma's brother!
Do you know what we had such a lovely time, ollys happiness and smile is super infectious that in no time we were all boogying along! The slightly embarrassing part for me was that I proved that I know none of the real words to songs, does anyone else make up the words themselves or is it just me?!?
The lovely Olly was supported by the loveable rogues who I am informed were on Britain's got Talent, and were actually pretty darn good as well, so all in all a great time.
I have then managed to fill this weekend with seeing some of the people I love to bits!
First on Saturday I went over to the local leisure centre and watched the two girls I used to nanny do their gymnastics and then we caught up over tea and biscuits! Now these girls I looked after when they were 2 months and 3 years old, alongside their lovely mum as part of my college course! They are now.....wait for it.... Nearly 8 and 11!
I KNOW now I feel old!!!!!
The two girls have truely blossomed and are both gorgeous and I love them too bits!
I then popped over to Worthing to the pub with Hannah and a different Emma, two more of my best friends, to watch the rugby 6 nations, where it is safe to say England did abysmally! I however took the loss a lot better than some of the other clientele in the pub who took solace in their pints!
Saturday evening was spent with another best friend Emma and her fiancé making their wedding invitations up, which was soooo exciting. We were joined by the best man and maid of honour and a lovely friend, and it's safe to say we had a lovely evening with a LOT of laughing!
After the invitation making had finished we reminisced over old music including aqua, ace of base, alliyah, nelly, s club 7, prodigy....you can see my point. It was great to remember all the old music we used to boogy too, at school discos the majority of them.
Last but not least today I spent this afternoon with my two oldest friends, Katie and Lucy. I'm going to say this quietly we have known each other over 20 years, since we were 5 years old! These girls know me inside out and back to front and I love that we can not see each other for a month or so but completely pick up like we saw each other yesterday.
I came away from this weekend feeling truly blessed that I have so many wonderful people in my life who bring so much joy to my heart I love them all to bits!
Slushy part over I'll leave you with one final fleeting image that made me smile. Driving home from Lucy's house I was following a VW car that on closer inspection was called an "UP!" The name even had an exclamation mark in it!
It just made me smile next will be "right!" or "car!" This could keep me amused for a while.
Have you had any lovely times of recent I would love to hear about them.
Take care
Love Katy

Ps. I think the photo below is my motto in life and the reason I have no money!

Pps. So you can put a face to a name in the snowman photo is Emma and jk, and then Hannah, Emma S and me on a night out in London!
I need to find an oldy photo of Lucy and Katie!









No comments:

Post a Comment