Sunday 6 January 2013

Giving to charity.

So something that is on my list and has been on my mind for a while, is giving a monthly amount of money to charity.
I have wanted to do this for ages but have never committed myself, however I did raise over £1000 for Children with Cancer last year so feel a though I have given something back.
It's hard though, knowing who to choose, I would love to give to numerous charities and maybe in the long run I can commit myself to helping more but to start with I will be selecting two.
I hasten to add that I write all this on my up to date technology Ian warm house with a loving family, hence my need to give something back.
This is however where my problems arise who on earth to choose, they are all so worthwhile and many touch my heart and make me want to cry, I am somewhat in touch with my emotions.
Here are my thoughts in narrowing down the choice:

  • I work with children so can easily relate emotionally to what these charities do, however do I choose a charity that works with children who are ill like the one a ran the marathon for, or do I choose a charity that supports families in 'Need' those in poverty.
  • My heart also goes out to those who are old and lonely, actually thinking about them makes me want to sob. But I wonder whether a spot of volunteering could be more useful, something to investigate more.
  • The only thing I am definitely sure of is that I want to give to a charity that helps a third world country.
Do you give to a charity at all, or can you help me narrow the choice down; let me know any help would be greatly appreciated.
I wish I was a millionaire!!!!! I'll just leave you all with that thought.
Love Katy xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Hello Katy and welcome to blogland! We are all very lovely here, it's like a paralell universe where everyone is kind and encouraging and into paint and glitter. (A bit like primary school perhaps?)
    How about 'Save the Children?' They cover third world and children. Or 'Plan International' to sponsor a child in a poor country. That's a bit more personal as you can write and send gifts.
    A very noble thing to want to do. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma, thanks for the welcome. I love glitter and paint, much like a child at Christmas, so should hopefully fit right in.
    They are great suggestions thank you so much I will look into these right away, will let you know what I decide xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I came over from the other Katie's blog!!! Well, this is a great post! The ones I contribute to, I chose because they were causes close to my heart- my nan had Alzheimers and I know that that society receives no government help, also the same with the Autistic Society (my cousin) and because I have experience of how hard it is coping with children with autism. Plus, when I was approached by volunteers, with some societies, I just knew from speaking to them. I attended a Christian event in a park that was totally rain-clogged where a charity called Compassion was giving out information, and I really liked it because it helps one individual child and you can impact someone's life and find out just how much help it is- plus you can write to the child and they can write back. When I signed up, the volunteer (not paid) who was talking about it told me I was the only person who had signed up the entire day and there was a tear in both our eyes! My little boy is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah thanks kezzie they all sound like such worthy causes! Well done you for giving back! I love that you have a little boy you can keep in touch with! Xx

    ReplyDelete