Saturday 5 January 2013

Super Sorting Saturday!



Today has been a day of sorting and doing all the things I was supposed to do a long time ago.
As I still live at the family home I have for a while been collecting household items and generally pretty things that will one day fill my first home. I think in most cases its called the bottom drawer, however in my case it is the under bed, half the loft, 2 cupboards worth of beautiful stuff.
So the likes of BHS, Homesense, John Lewis and basically anywhere that has a homeware department, has been visited and taken my money. Today I have been taking stock of my belongings and attempting to compile a list of everything I have purchased it has not been an enjoyable task. Mainly because I have bits and pieces in every crevice of my room, I do believe it is an ongoing project.
The other half of my day has been a lot more fun. Anyone that knows me, should I hope know my love for 1)fashion and 2) a bargain. I buy clothes regardless of their size or colour, as long as I have a vision of what I can do to make it what I want. So if you were to look in my wardrobe you would find clothes ranging from a size 6-16.


 
Today's task was to change these trousers (excuse the crinkles) a standard pair of wide legged, low slung, tan cotton trousers. The fit on these trousers is perfect but the colour is not anything I would really wear so a bucket of water and some Dylan fabric dye should produce something much more wearable. They are still soaking at the moment but when they are washed, dried and ironed I will post a picture.


On another note have you all seen the adverts for the Les Miserables movie, I am so very excited. After watching a special documentary on the making of it I cannot wait. As it comes out on Friday 11th, I have set myself the challenge of reading the book in a week. I'm hoping I can complete the book in time, I shall be a bookworm from now until then.
But back to the movie I can already sense that I am going to be moved to tears a lot, I'll let you in on a secret, I have already cried at Anne Hathaway's rendition of "I dreamed a dream". That girl deserves an Oscar, not only because of a superb performance but she actually cut her hair LIVE on set, that girl had beautiful locks, serious dedication to a role.

On that note I will say goodbye, but tomorrow I will post The Bucket List of 2013.
love Katy xxx

1 comment:

  1. Listing all of the lovely things you've accumulated actually sounds like my idea of heaven! Let me know if you need any help :) Looking forward to reading your 2013 bucket list- I'm hoping it will inspire me to set some goals for myself this year too. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete